- The properties known as Velogites de la Bussière, Availles-Limouzine, 86460, France (“the Properties” “the Property”) are offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Velogites.com and Kathy Glass and Graham Glass (“the Owners”) to the renter/hirer (“the Client”).
- Enquiries to reserve the Properties can be made by the Client by email to the Owner and via various booking websites. Once a reservation enquiry is confirmed as having been received by the Owners, the Client must complete and sign the booking form and acceptance of terms and conditions (“the Contract”) and return the same together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (“the Deposit”) of 25% of the total rental due for the Client’s stay in the Property (“the Total Rental Amount”) in order to reserve the Property. Following receipt of the Contract and the Deposit, the Owners will send a confirmation statement to the Client confirming the reservation of the Property. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
- Eight weeks prior to arrival, or such shorter time as stipulated by the Owners if a booking is made on less than eight weeks’, the balance of the Total Rental Amount (75%) is required (“the Balance”). The Security Deposit (see clause 10) is payable on the same date. If the Balance or Security Deposit are not received in full by the relevant dates upon which they are to be paid, the Owners reserve the right to give notice in writing, including by email, to the Client that the reservation of the Property is cancelled. The Owners will be under no obligation to refund the Deposit.
- In the event of a cancellation the owners will attempt to re-let the property and if successful will refund the deposit to the Client.
- Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of the booking.
- Any chargeable expenses during the rental period must be settled locally with the Owners prior to departure.
- The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the personal belongings, public liability, since these are not covered by the Owners insurance. Cancellation of a reservation by the Client is valid only upon written acknowledgement by the Owners.
- Any cancellation by the Client must be made formally in writing except in the case of non-payment of the Balance or the Total Rental Amount in accordance with clause 3 (above), which will be taken as a formal notice of cancellation by the Client and written notice will not be required.
- In the unlikely event that the Owners are forced to cancel your booking due to serious sickness or there are major changes to it due to matters beyond the Owner’s control, the Owners will advise the Client as soon as possible and will endeavour to offer the Client suitable alternative accommodation. If this is not possible, the Owners will give the Client a complete refund of all monies paid by the Client and the Owners will have no further liability.
The Owners will not be legally responsible either jointly or individually for any compensation or to refund any deposit. paid by the Client if the Owners are prevented from carrying out our responsibilities under this contract as a result of events beyond our control. This means an event the Owners could not, even with all due care, expect or avoid, including: natural disaster; world health; acts of terrorism; malicious damage; keeping to any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction; insolvency or bankruptcy of an owner; fire, flood, snow or storm; other circumstances affecting the supply of goods or services. If such events do occur the Owners will endeavour to offer a voucher, with an expiry date equal to twelve months after the due arrival date, equivalent to the deposit paid by the Client which can be used against future bookings.
A security deposit of €200 (“the Security Deposit”) is required in case of damage to the Property or of its contents; however, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owners. The Security Deposit held by the Owners will be applied against cleaning, repair or replacement caused by means other than usual wear and tear during the Client’s rental of the Property. Pending a satisfactory inspection, the Security Deposit will be returned within 30 days after departure date although in general this is returned within 10 days after Client’s departure and a full inventory has been completed.
- The rental period for the Property shall commence at a time agreed between the Client and the Owners which is usually at 4.00 pm on the first day (in the case of an expected arrival after 8 pm, the Client must notify the Owners in advance by telephone) and finishes at 10.00 am on the last day of the Client’s rental period (“the Departure Time”).
- The Owners shall not be obliged to offer accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation of the Property or any part thereof after the Departure Time (unless previously agreed with the Owners).
- If the rental period is to be shortened by the Client for any reason, the Total Rental Amount will not change and there will be no refund to the Client.
- The maximum number to reside in the Properties is as follows: –
Le Gîte de la Bussière , 10 people
Le Gîte de la Nature, 5 people
Le Gîte du Pêcheur, 7 people
Le Gîte de la Ferme, 5 people
Le Vélo Gîte, 5 people
Le Gîte Vignoble, 9 people
- The maximum number of people per Gite includes adults and/or children (babies in cots are not included in this head-count). Cots will be made available if required, please advise us of your requirements at the time of booking.
- Facilities at the Property are only to be used by the Client and those forming the Client’s party and who are each staying in the Properties as authorised guests (“the Guest Party”). Please seek prior approval from Owners should you expect external guests.
- The Client is responsible for all members of the Guest Party residing at and/or using the facilities of the Property. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in the same condition as they received it at the end of the rental period.
- The Property is cleaned and checked before any Client’s arrival and we do expect the Client to leave the property as found. The Owners also reserve the right to make retention from the Security Deposit, to cover additional cleaning cost if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition or damage is discovered.
- Kindly note that the above charges do not in any way invalidate the damage clause (clause 10) and do not limit the Client’s liability to the Owners should there be any damage to the Property, fixtures or fittings.
- The Client agrees not to act in a way, which would cause disturbance to neighbouring properties. The Owners reserve the right to require any Client or member of the Guest Party deemed to be acting in an unreasonable or unlawful manner to immediately leave the Properties.
- The Client shall report to the Owners, without delay, any defects in the Property, or breakdown in the equipment, plant machinery or appliances in the Property, garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible. Complaints as regards any defective or non-functional aspect of the Properties or their facilities cannot be accepted upon or after the Client’s departure.
- The Client undertakes to allow maintenance personnel, cleaning staff and the Owners reasonable access to the Property during the rental period for the purpose of repair and maintenance.
- The Client and the Guest Party and any guest of the same shall use the swimming pool and/or all the facilities provided at the Property including all of its surrounding area entirely at their own risk and the Owners shall not be responsible for any loss, damage, injury or death.
- Use of the Properties and all amenities are entirely at the Client’s own risk. Client’s personal belongings (including motor vehicles) left in or around the Property are entirely at Client’s own risk, and no responsibility will be accepted by the Owners for any loss or damage thereto.
- Bed linen will be supplied for the number of people who have registered to stay in the Properties during the rental period (a supplementary charge will be imposed for additional request). Neither bed linen nor any fixture and furnishing from the Property are to be taken off the Properties. Following our inventory, any shortfall of linen/towels or any other product or facility provided for the Client’s use during the rental period shall following Client’s departure be invoiced accordingly and/or retained from the Security Deposit.
- The swimming pool is available between June 1st to September 30th each year. The pool can be used in between 9.00am and 9.00pm each day. If weather conditions allow, we will endeavor to open the pool earlier than June and close it later than September. The pool is regularly maintained but if unusual climatic changes occur, this may affect the chemical balance. If there are any problems with the water clarity, please contact the Owners. A safety notice and usage of swimming pool rules and regulations are found in the welcome pack and are also displayed next to the pool. Please ensure that all the safety notices placed around the Property are read and understood by Client and all Guest Party members and guests and that the regulations are strictly adhered to.
- No glass, bottles or china to be taken or used in the pool area. Plastic glasses are provided. If any glass or china should fall into the pool, the Owners may need to empty, clean and refill the pool. This may take a number of days. The Client may lose their Security Deposit.
- The Owners reserve the absolute right to close the pool or restrict the hours of the swimming use for any period of time in circumstances, which the Owners believe in their absolute discretion to be necessary in the interests of health and safety.
- The Owners are not responsible for any loss or inconvenience that may be suffered as a consequence of any unforeseen breakdown in the pumping/filtration or any other equipment used in the swimming pool.
- The Client is responsible for ensuring that no children are left unattended AT ANY TIME whilst the swimming pool is open.
- The pool is surrounded by a conforming security fence. The entrance to the pool area shall be opened at 9am and closed at 9pm. It is imperative that the safety gates are not left open, they operate on a self-closing mechanism and objects should not be used to keep them open.
- The Client is responsible for ensuring that children and adults respect the swimming pool and related equipment (the “Pool”) AT ALL TIMES.
- The Owners will make every reasonable effort to ensure the safety of the Client and the Guest Party, but no liability can be attached to the Owners for unsupervised children or adults being injured or hurt as a result of swimming. The Client is responsible for ensuring that that users of the swimming pool are adequately supervised at all times.
- The Owners shall not be liable for any personal injury, loss or damage whatsoever caused as a result of the use of any children’s equipment, toys, balls, barbecue or other equipment left at the Property for use by the Client and their guests during the rental period.
- Smoking is not permitted within any rooms of the Properties or the swimming pool area. In other areas, please dispose of cigarette ends in a clean and responsible manner.
- We have a number of animals on the Property including chickens, goats and sheep. Due to this the Properties do not cater for Clients pets, the only exception to this being guide dogs, hearing dogs and other assistance dogs. No pets or other animals are allowed onto the Property without prior approval from the Owners. Please do not feed any of the animals, their diet is strictly controlled. The Owners will make themselves available during feeding times so that Clients can interact with the animals. Please be aware that the animals are not domestic pets and the Owners shall have no liability for any injury caused to Clients by the animals.
- The Client, the Guest Party and their guests at the Properties must not do anything or permit anything to be done that would or may result in the insurance of the Properties becoming void or voidable or the premium increased. The right to use the Properties may be revoked with immediate effect by the Owners before the end of the rental period by the Owners giving the Client notice in the event of the Client being in serious breach of the terms of this agreement.
- The Owners shall not be liable to the Client for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery appliance in the property, garden or swimming pool. Any loss, damage, injury or death that is the result of adverse weather conditions, fire, riot, strikes, war or other matters that are beyond the control of the Owners.
- Any loss, damage or inconvenience caused or suffered by the Client if the Properties are destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period. In any such event, the Owners shall refund, within two working weeks of notification to the Client, all sums previously paid to the Owners for the rental period. In the event of the booking being cancelled or altered by reason of force majeure (which includes adverse weather conditions, fire, riots, strikes, wars, and Acts of God) or other events outside the Owners’ control, the Owners cannot accept any liability.
- Computers, Servers, Routers, VOIP, Wireless, Electronic equipment:
- Wi-Fi is provided free of charge and very occasionally the ADSL connection is reset by the provider and can be down for some time. If this occurs then the Owners shall accept no liability as this is beyond their control.
- The Owners cannot accept any responsibility for loss or lack of a stable internet connection.
- The equipment must not be altered, adjusted or interfered with in any way and if any of the computer hardware is found to have been tampered with causing a malfunction or interruption to the system or internet services the Security Deposit will be retained in full. The Owners cannot be held liable for any loss of service including the inability to dial the emergency services due to loss of service.
- Any loss of electronic services is outside of the Owners control. However, every effort will be made to ensure full services are maintained. Please also be aware that the Properties are over 200 years old with thick stone walls. This can disrupt the signal from time to time and dependent on how many Clients are accessing the WiFi, the signal can also be affected.
- Modification of a substantive element of the Contract if, before the declared date of commencement of the stay, the Owners find themselves obliged to change one or more of the key elements in the Contract, the Client may, after receiving notification from the Owners by registered letter:
- Terminate his or her contract and receive, without deduction, an immediate refund of all sums paid or accept the change or substitution offered, in which case an amendment to the Contract detailing any changes shall be signed by both parties.
- Any resulting reduction in costs shall be in the form of a deduction from payments due from the Client, and in the event of payments already made by the latter exceeding the cost of the revised booking the surplus shall be returned to the Client prior to the commencement of the Stay.
- The Owners reserve the right to make changes to the interior and/or exterior of the Properties between the time of accepting the Client’s booking and the date of the Client’s rental period. For example, the Owners may make changes to the décor and colour schemes of our rooms and the Owners cannot guarantee that the Properties or its surrounds will be free from additional structures. The Owners will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that no components of your holiday package have to be altered. However, as bookings are normally made a long time before your scheduled arrival, the Owners reserve the right to make changes to certain components if this is necessary to comply with safety requirements or other changes in law or relevant codes of practice, or to make other minor changes which we believe will not be to the detriment of your overall holiday experience and which will not increase the price.
- From time to time the Owners would like to publish a Client’s or member of the Guest Party’s comments on their websites and advertisement, so unless otherwise requested, the Owners will assume no objection to this.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the Total Rental Amount or, if less, the total amount paid by the Client to the Owners.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the description of the Properties and nearby facilities are as accurate as possible, the Owners cannot accept any liabilities for any changes beyond the Owners control.
- This contract has been freely negotiated and shall be recognised as the entirety of the agreement between the Owners and the Client and each member of the Guest Party. Only those changes or modifications to the Contract that have been specifically placed in writing, attached, dated and signed by the Client and the Owners will be accepted. No person who is not a party to this Contract shall have any rights under or in connection with it.
- This contract shall be governed by French Law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising out or in connection with this Contract may exclusively be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in France and the parties to the Contract hereby waive and revoke any rights to commence or pursue proceedings in any other forum or jurisdiction.
- If any provision or part of the Contract is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable then it shall be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible then the relevant provision or part thereof shall be deemed deleted. Any modification or deletion of a provision of part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other part of the Contract.
- Please note that these conditions will constitute part of the Owners’ confirmation letter and the Client is deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions once the Deposit has been paid to the Owners.
- A Taxe de Séjour of 100 centimes per adult per night will be added to the balance of the Total Rental Amount, payable eight weeks prior to arrival. This is paid to the local commune, Availles-Limouzine.